i love chicken
National Fried Chicken Day
Five Food Finds about Chicken
- The greatest height a chicken egg has been dropped from without cracking is 700ft.
- This bird was probably first domesticated for the purpose of cockfights, not as food.
- Chickens aren’t completely flightless—they can get airborne enough to make it over a fence or into a tree.
- These birds are omnivores. They’ll eat seeds and insects but also larger prey like small mice and lizards.
- With 25 billion chickens in the world, there are more of them than any other bird species.
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
1615 Furuta Oribe died. His original name was Furuta Shigenari. He was a Japanese master of the tea ceremony who studied under Sen Riky. His ideas influenced the tea ceremony, teahouse architecture, tea-garden landscaping and even flower arrangement.
1766 Alexander Wilson was born. Scottish naturalist, ornithologist and poet. Founder of American ornithology.
View original post 158 more words